Gabions and Reno Mattresses are the ideal solution to erosion in any aquatic environment. Gabions installed by Prospect Contractors are PVC coated and are double twisted wire baskets that are commonly filled with sandstone, bluestone or river pebbles.
There are several advantages to using Gabions:
- Gabions are durable and long lasting and can last 100+ years, depending on the application and coating.
- Unlike concrete, Gabions and Renos will not leach harmful chemicals into the water and will have a longer life span in the aquatic environment as they are especially designed to prevent corrosion.
- Gabions are also naturally flexible, as they accommodate significant differential settlement and are permeable in their structure.
- Gabions are strong. The fastening procedure ensures that the units act as one extremely strong monolithic structure.
- Gabions are environmentally friendly as river and marine sediments become trapped in the spaces between the rocks, vegetation growth is encouraged.
Prospect Contractors have installed Gabion retaining walls to a number of properties along the Murray River and Gabions and Reno Mattresses into many creeks, from smaller domestic projects through to large civil projects, locally and interstate.