If you are about to paint the interior or exterior of your home, there are a few tips you will need to consider before selecting your final paint colours
- Decide on the mood you wish to achieve.
- Consider the lighting aspects of your rooms; if you have rooms that receive less sunlight than others, think about painting your walls in these rooms half strength of your main wall colour to keep the rooms light and airy.
- What is the function of the room? You can experiment with bright and cheerful colours for children’s rooms or a fresh, crisp white like Dulux Lexicon for your kitchen and bathrooms so that these rooms are light and airy.
- For formal living rooms, you might like to paint in a monochromatic scheme such as different shades and tints of one colour to add drama and depth.
- On a lighter note, if you have a sunroom, look at a complementary paint colour scheme where you use colours that are opposite each other on the colour wheel, such as blue and orange.
If you are still struggling to select the perfect colour scheme for you home, contact the below expert contributor.