Our homes are one of the biggest investments we will ever make and they can certainly be a reflection of ourselves. Regardless of the size or style of your home, if it looks loved, is well maintained and kept neat and tidy it will always be a place you are proud to own and proud for anyone to visit.
Kerb appeal is very important regardless of whether you are building a new home, renovating an existing home or just giving your front façade a fresh look. The front of your home creates a first impression and first impressions are lasting impressions!
Your front entry, from the street to your front door should be inviting and one that compliments the style and architecture of your home. Native plants won’t suit a Victorian home and rose bushes and a picket fence won’t suit a very modern home. With the help of a landscape designer you can create a beautiful front garden. A professional landscaper will address not only suitable plants and lawn, but also such things as the driveway, pathways, fencing, hedging, lighting, a letterbox, watering systems and maybe even a water feature that will complete the look of your home.
There are many jobs that may need doing to retain or regain your kerb appeal including
- Lop and trim trees
- Trim, weed, mulch, build retaining walls & add new plants
- Replace guttering
- Paint house, trims & fencing
- Render the house & garden walls
- Pave or concrete the driveway and pathways
- New fencing
- New front stairs and balustrading
- New front door
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- New garage door
- New front gate
Some other simple and inexpensive additions could be a new bold house number, a new letter box, an interesting door knocker and door handle, matching potted plants either side of your front door, window planter boxes, attractive pots or garden statues. Or why not paint your front door a completely contrasting colour, for example red and add some red flowering plants to the garden to compliment the door.
Let’s face it, most of us rightly or wrongly judge a book by its cover. So if it has an attractive cover we will want to open it to explore what’s inside. Kerb appeal is no different. Make it look attractive and welcoming. Look after it and your home will admired and talked about for all the right reasons.
So whether you need the services of a landscaper, gardener, arborist, paver, painter, electrician, garage door or gate specialist, a guttering company, renderer, fencer or colour consultant you will find a professional in your local area on the Homeimprovement2day home improvement directory.
- Handyman & Property Maintenance Services in Australia
- Handyman & Property Maintenance Services in Adelaide
- Handyman & Property Maintenance Services in Brisbane
- Handyman & Property Maintenance Services in Darwin
- Handyman & Property Maintenance Services in Hobart & South East
- Handyman & Property Maintenance Services in Inner North
- Handyman & Property Maintenance Services in Melbourne
- Handyman & Property Maintenance Services in Perth
- Handyman & Property Maintenance Services in Sydney